- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, Northfield Car Care Centre Ltd
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- We are registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Register
- Lawful basis: Consent The reason we use this basis: We process your information in the following ways: We hold your data on our internal customer database system which is a secure system with password access. All live data and backups are stored within our secure server. Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists. Sharing your information: We do not share your personal information (name and email address) with third parties
- Lawful basis: Legitimate interests The reason we use this basis: We are proud that we already have a relationship with you and as an existing customer of ours we trust that you wish to be kept informed about your orders and offers. We process your information in the following ways: We hold your data on our internal customer database system which is a secure system with password access. All live data and backups are stored within our secure server. Data retention period: 2 years Sharing your information: We do not share your personal information (name and email address) with third parties who we have agreements in place with to process our data on our behalf for marketing campaigns. All data is shared securely via an encrypted web method.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here; the right to be informed; the right of access; the right to rectification; the right to erasure; the right to restrict processing; the right to data portability; the right to object; and the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling. Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data. We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Transparent privacy explanations
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal date” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users. Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign. Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time.
Opt out of communications
If you have not received an email from us for you to unsubscribe from then you can request to be removed by emailing email@example.com